1/13/2012

My 2012 Life- Sewing - Crafts Goals

I have been thinking about listing the goals for this year..but I think putting them in writing would be better ^-^.

O.K. Here they are:

1. Trying to balance between my full-time job, hobbies, and exercise!

I have to admit that I am not good at doing many things at the same time even though I know that women are good at multi-tasking ;).


2. I love Rebecca's Idea of having a Drama Free 2012 so this will be one of my goal.




DramaFree


3. I would become a better friend with my sewing machine. In the past, I tended to do hand sewing and quilting since these are the preferred trends in Thailand. I think machine sewing and quilting have their advantages too. I have to step out of my comfort zone and try new things - free motion quilting and machine applique are on the agenda.
 
To motivate myself to make my first quilt, I have signed up for the Sparkle Quilt Along with Jenni of In Color Order and Megan of Canoe Ridge Creations.



4. Try to challenge myself to learn new techniques

Here are what I have on my plate for now:





and

 

5. Try to sew some clothes with ready-made patterns

6. Write a post at least once a week and try to make a tutorial at least once a month

7. Always keep my sewing/working space organized 

-------------------------

                                                          There..now I have them in writing!

And here is the report on my first sewing project of this year

I got a requested order to make another strawberry shortcake frame purse ^-^ 



I will try to finish it by the end of this week so I can ship it out by Monday.

Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I will post the update on my other projects soon. ^-^

This post is linked up with:




Thursday Think Tank

9 comments:

  1. Getting that balance right is hard, Tanya. No matter what stage of my life, I find exercising tends to miss out somewhat. Yay... we're both making our first quilt. I'm already 2 weeks behind with my QAL!!! The embroidery and scrap house building look interesting. Sewing space organised... that's a FAIL for me... LOL!!! Look forward to watching you achieve your goals this year, Tanya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanya. Great goals - I'm sure you'll do all that and more!

    I was just looking at the Princess Embroidery SAL last night so am thinking of doing it too. Will be fun to do it together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey dear friend, your goals sound fun and reasonable ;-) Good luck with everything. I decided to give the princess SAL a try. Those patterns are too cute! Thanks for sharing. We can do it together with Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining our Drama Free 2012! :o) You have some great goals. I love the strawberry shortcake frame purse, too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Strawberry Shortcake!!! So I know how hard it can be to balance exercise, your passion for sewing, and work - perhaps you can join in Miss Mac Creations weekly weigh in to help with the exercise. She and a few of our friends are trying to lose a few pounds this year so it might help to have motivators! Good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your goals for 2012. I'll be trying quite a few of those myself. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to you, I learned many interesting things. I hope to learn more. I congratulate you for these wonderful shares. Keep it up!

    voyance gratuite par mail ; voyance par mail gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  8. You clearly know so much about the subject, you’ve covered so many bases.
    voyance par mail en ligne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anyway, In my opinion , purely formed an outstanding goal. You understand what you are speaking about, and that i has the capability to sincerely benefit from at the that will. Very good suggests this in advance as a consequence genuine.
    voyance en ligne

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments. Thank you very much for taking time to visit my blog. :) I will try to reply to every comment as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...