It's very easy to make and will make a great gift I think.
The size of this pouch is about 9 cm x 12 cm. - depending on your seam allowance (If you would like to know the scale in inches, please use the conversion calculator on my sidebar :))
Materials you will need:
- Two pieces of coordinating or contrasting fabrics
(in this project: 15 cm. x 28 cm. patchwork fabric and 15 cm. x 22 cm. natural linen)
- One piece of lining fabric (15 cm. x 22 cm. red flowers fabric)
- One piece of cotton label (optional)
- Cotton lace (approximately 17 cm.)
Note: seam allowance (0.7 cm. or 1/4") is already included in the pattern pieces.
1. Fold the longer focus fabric in half lengthwise - right side together, pin in place and topstitch across the top.
Then turn the right side out, press and topstitch across on the other side (0.3 cm. or 1/8" seam allowance).
2. Sew a cotton label onto the shorter focus fabric (2 cm. or 4/5" from the edge)- this step is optional.
3. Place the lining fabric and the shorter focus fabric right side together, then topstitch both ends
4.Turn the right side out and press. Next, sew a cotton lace (optional) on one end (close to the cotton label, press and topstitch across both ends(0.3 cm. or 1/8" seam allowance).
5. Place the patchwork piece and natural linen piece together as shown, topstitch across the top (0.3 cm. or 1/8" seam allowance).
6. With the lining side facing down, bring one side of the finished seam up toward the center. Pin in place approximately 0.5 cm (or 1/5") over the center mark. Fold the other side to the center, overlapping 1.5 cm (or 3/5")over the center mark.
Next, sew a 0.7 cm (or 1/4")seam from raw edge on both sides then switch to a zig-zag stitch and sew both sides again.
7. Sew all four corners of the pouch (1.5 cm across @ each corner)
8. Turn the right side of the pouch out...and you are done! :)
This post is linked with:
"Too Cute Tuesday" @ Funky Polkadot Giraffe
"Made by Me! Wednesdays" @ JAQS Stuido
"Handmade Tuesdays" @ Ladybug Blessings
"Sew Cute Tuesday" @ Creative Itch
"Tuesday Time Out" @ Reasons to Skip the Housework
"Show and Tell Friday" @ My Romantic Home
"Crafty, Scrappy, Happy Me Thursday" @ Crafty, Scrappy Happy Me
"Show off Your Stuff Party" @ Fireflies and Jellybeans
"Weekend Showoff Party" @ Ladybird Ln
"Sew and Tell Fridays" @ amylouwho
"Think Pink Sundays" @ Flamingo Toes
"Manic Monday" @ Sew Happy Geek
"Made by You Mondays" @ Skip to my Lou
"Sew Modern Mondays" @ Canoe Ridge Creations
"Craftastic Monday" @ Sew Can Do
"Creative Me Monday" @ The Southern Institute
"Fabric Tuesday" @ Quilt Story