4/03/2012

My Typography Challenge Entry and Checking in from Los Angeles, U.S.

Hello friends! Sorry for having been missing for a while..I have been busy driving along the U.S. West Coast from L.A. to San Diego ...Las Vegas...Grand Canyon..and now back to L.A. again. How do I miss all of my blogging friends and posting the updates on my blog. Today I dropped my students off at the Six Flags (amusement park) so I have some free time for myself to get on the computer..yeah!

I know I am posting my Typography Challenge Entry later than the deadline but Rikka @ Richochet and Away and Keren @ Sew La Vie,the co-hosts of the challenge, are very kind to let me enter my challenge. Thank you very much! :)





Here are the challenge guidelines:
PROJECT:  Home decor, i.e. curtains, wall art, bedding, place mats, etc.
THE KICKER:  Use letters/numbers/symbols in your design (what you'd find on a keyboard)
VOTING:  A Polldaddy poll will be set up to determine the winner.
PRIZES:  Winner(s) will receive bragging rights and a chic button!


My Entry is "The P.S. I Love You" Bag. Thanks to Pam @ Threading My Way for suggesting that I asked if this bag would be qualified for the entry because I was extremely busy before my trip and did not have time to finish the planned project...and Rikka said yes! :)


Please check out the button link above..the voting is opened until the end of April. :)

On another note, while waiting for my students today...I hunted down a fabric shop in L.A. that I had been putting on my U.S. visit to-do list...after getting lost and stuck in traffic I finally found this lovely shop called "Sew Modern"

This is the label on the bag..I thought it's just so cute :)
This is what the front of the shop looks like..I was really happy to be in the store.
They do have great fabric deals too.
some bargain bins :)

And here are my selections (I bought them to share with my friends when I go back home too)
And finally, the Swoon quilt pattern that I've always wanted
The prices are much cheaper than if I bought in Thailand with saving on shipping..so that was my excuse to shop ;)
Well..that's all for now..I will try to post an update again soon..may be the pictures of the trip. Until then..I hope you enjoy the rest of your week.
Cheers!


9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time, Tanya! And I love that you found a fabric shop, and I love your purchases! :o) Safe travels on your way back home! Can't wait to see what you do with Swoon. :o)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy every minute of the trip, Tanya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh... so jealous! i'd love to visit sew modern :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by...I just love your bag, it is gorgeous…good luck! I can wait to see all the entries to the topography challenge...I was a bit slow myself...maybe next time I can participate too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun for the rest of your trip! And isn't it so fun to browse around a quilt shop? I could look for hours. I have to order online for some things to, but I'd still rather see the fabric in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm so happy to read from you!
    Blogger let me down again :(
    You know I love your bag! I am so jealous about all those goddies you got ;-)
    Off to you next post...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I come across this page by accident , thank you for all that information , I keep your blog in brand page , it is very clear and precise , thank you for the work
    voyance par mail

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ll immediately grab your rss feed as I can not find your email subscription link or newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly let me know in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.
    voyance gratuitement

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this post I will visit again to read your post in a very short time and I hope you will make more posts like this.
    voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments. Thank you very much for taking time to visit my blog. :) I will try to reply to every comment as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...