2/06/2012

Workshop with Yoko Saito in Bangkok and My Weekend Wrap-up

My last week highlight was the workshop with Yoko Saito, a famous quilter from Japan. 
It was one of the best workshop I have attended. Not only I got to learn some techniques, I was amazed by Yoko's demeanor. She is very friendly and would answer all the questions we had during the class. 


This is a picture of the bag we learned at the workshop.

She told us all the techniques we need to know to make this bag but since there are so many details I think it would take a very long time to finish it :).

The bag is one of the projects in her new book.



So yesterday I was still high from my workshop experience, I finished the HSTs for the Sparkle Quilt Along and made a cupcake pincushion from a pattern I bought from PatchworkPottery. The pincushion was very easy to make. I think it would make a great gift for sewing friend.

That's a wrap-up of my week :)

Thank you very much for your visit! I hope my blogging friends have a wonderful week. 



5 comments:

  1. Your cupcake is adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute, little pincushion, Tanya!!! Sounds like the workshop was well worth going to and now you have a signed copy of her book...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to a workshop, looks like a great experience. Love your pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cupcake is awesome. Can't wait to see those hst's turned into a block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is very open and very clear explanation of issues. was truly information. Your website is very useful. Thanks for sharing.
    voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments. Thank you very much for taking time to visit my blog. :) I will try to reply to every comment as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...