2/26/2012

Tutorial: Heart Shaped Reverse Applique

After you finish making the paper-pieced heart, the next step is the "Heart Shape Reverse Applique".
I am just sharing how I did it...you might have other easier ways to do this ...if so, please feel free to share, O.K.? :)

Here we go:
1. Use the templates - A big heart (A) and a small heart (B) to draw heart shape on the wrong side of the fabric
For pattern A, I cut out the heart shape, taped and then used the frame to draw the line.
Pattern B (about 1/4" smaller than Pattern A) is then used.
So this is what you get after drawing the templates
2. Next, cut out the heart shaped (template B) and then clip along the curve
I used a fabric roller to create crease by pressing along the heart shape (A) and then used the mini-hand presser to press the crease edge back - I think you can improvise by using something similar that give the same functions :)
3. Place the heart frame that you made on top of the paper-pieced heart, press and pin along the heart shape
4. Lastly, slip stitch to secure the heart frame onto the paper-pieced heart and iron press
Then you are done with this step -- Yeah!!
Next time, the tutorial will be on how to make the P.S. I Love You bag. :)
If you have any question, please let me know.

Thank you very much for your visit!










This post is linked up with:

18 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute! I love the crazy quilting underneath. I may need to try this soon! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this. It is just beautiful! I've never seen a heart pieced like that.

    It's fun chatting with you on facebook!

    ♥ Bethany

    www.happyhomemaker.me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a neat way to do reverse applique, Tanya. Looks cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have done lots of applique, but never tried the reverse applique, will have to give this a try! Thanks for sharing.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute - great tutorial. Feel free to link to the Success U Party at TheStuffofSuccess. I am your newest follower - Have a terrific week. Athena

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an amazing job on this. I love the idea of the reversed applique. Beautiful!

    Love for you to share this at my Wednesday's "Made by ME" linky party here:
    http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/02/made-by-me-20-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tutorial. I just love that heart! :o)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty heart!! Just stopping by from Blissful Domestic! I hope you'll stop by IceyDesigns, where I posted a tutorial :)

    By the way, I followed you on Twitter, follow back? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just looking for a tut on reverse applique so this came up right in time :-) Love the heart shape!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the applique! The scraps of fabric are lovely, especcially those with the letters. And thanks for following my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great tutorial on reverse applique!! I love the heart and I can't wait to see your bag!! I featured you today! http://www.flamingotoes.com/2012/03/crush-of-the-week-think-pink-features-41/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for stopping by Blissful and Domestics Blog Hop. I am of course following your cute blog and am now catching up on your bloggy cuteness here. I hope you will come back this week and link up again:>

    www.blissfulanddomesti8c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You were quick to link up, Tanya! I've only just posted the link party. So glad you linked up. I love this heart, but I still haven't tried reverse appliqué.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tute! Pinned so I can try this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Tanya, I've featured your Reverse Appliqué today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/05/threading-your-way-features_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate?
    gay telephone

    ReplyDelete
  17. I thank God I can still pick an apple off my tree and eat it on the spot without having to worry about chemicals.
    voyance en ligne gratuite

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments. Thank you very much for taking time to visit my blog. :) I will try to reply to every comment as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...