1/05/2012

Happy New Year 2012!! I'm back..Finally ^-^

First of all, I would like to wish all my blogging friends to have a year full of Joy, Hope and Happiness :)

I just came back from a road trip to the north eastern Thailand and Laos, and after I got back I had to catch up with work.

The trip was fun and interesting. My friends and I (5 persons total) left Bangkok on late December 27th night and got to Chiangkahn, a town in Leoy province the next morning. I really like this town. The locals are so friendly and they've tried to keep the architectures like the old days.


The Old Chiangkhan Hotel where my friends and I stayed - it is located right by the Khong River, the river that is on the boarder of Thailand and Laos


A little gift shop selling vintage souvenirs

After staying for one night, we headed to a small town called Vang Vieng, a small town that became a popular place for tourist due to its beautiful scenery - however, the inter-city road from Vientiane to Vang Vieng is quite rough -- it took us 6 hours on the road to go for about 180 kilometers
The next day we traveled to Luang Prabang -- again it took us a whole day on the road with many turns up and down the mountains

A group of girls dressed up in traditional tribal costumes :) -- taken on the way to Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang has been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site

We rent bikes to travel around the city

And did some shopping at the night market in the evening

I did finished knitting the scarf (I posted about this a while ago) during our ride to Laos.

My friends used the remaining yarns to knit  a matching hat for me :)
I hope I do not bore you too much with the story about my trip. :)

That's all of the highlights of my trip. 

Thank you very much for stopping by. I will be back soon..hopefully to post about something I make.

Cheers! :)

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Tanya! Thanks for sharing the fabulous photos of your trip. Sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and I'm really enjoying looking through your archives! Lovely stuff! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoyed seeing all of your pictures, just awesome, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank for the great guided tour! I enjoyed reading and looking at all your wonderful pictures! Sounds like your trip was a great time had by all! Welcome "Home"! Kim C

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds wonderful and I love your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work! This is the type of info that should be shared around the internet. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher! Come on over and visit my site . Thanks
    Voyance gratuite serieuse

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a nice efforts.Congratulation about his post.I am impressed from it.Can you more share with me.I will come back as soon.
    voyance mail gratuite

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments. Thank you very much for taking time to visit my blog. :) I will try to reply to every comment as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...