12/10/2011

The Naughty Notions Challenge and Some Random Stuff

Whew! What a busy week I had at work..luckily that I have Monday off..it's a Constitution day - a holiday here in Thailand. I am glad I will have some time to catch up with some of my sewing projects. :)

Remember the Solids-only Tote Challenge I posted about recently? Keren @ Sew La Vie and Rikka @ Richochet and Away are co-hosting another challenge called "The Naughty Notions Challenge" which will officially begin on January the 1st of 2012!




This time the participants will get to make a clutch bag or a small handbag with lots and lots of notions!! The notions include buttons, beads, snaps, ribbon, cord, eyelets, hooks and eyes, zippers, lace trim..or anything you can think of :)

Please click on the link button to read more details about this challenge and join us!

On another note, recently I just learned to knit...my friends and I are going to the north eastern part of Thailand and then will cross the boarder to Laos. It will be a bit chilly where we are going so my friends convinced me that I should knit a scarf for myself. Here is what I got so far:

I had to re-knit many times...I hope I will finish this before Christmas..in time for the trip!

When my friends and I went to the mall to pick up some yarns for our projects..there was a fundraising event for the flood victims in Thailand..I took some pictures that I would like to share with you:


Granny Squares Scooter Cover

How about the Granny Squares on a VW van?? Cute, aren't they? :)

and a cover for a classic VW Beetle

Also, I mailed out the package for my Savvy Seasons Swap Partner..Yeah!! I hope the package will get to her in time before she leaves for her vacation.


Well, that's all I have for now..I am planning to make a laptop cover for my student. I will post about it soon.

Thanks for visiting my blog! :) Hope to see you again soon.





7 comments:

  1. Good luck finishing the scarf before Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scarf looks great so far. One of my good friends is from Laos so I really hope one day to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors of your scarf! Looks great. Thanks for sharing the pics of those granny square vehicle covers. So cute! ha! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors of the yarn that you are using for your scarf! I'm sure it will turn out warm and squishy for ya. Good luck, have fun and stay safe on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all these tips, I'll try to apply them!
    voyance par mail gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your wonderful site! Congratulations and good luck!
    voyance en ligne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great article as usual. A big thank you for all you us share.
    voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments. Thank you very much for taking time to visit my blog. :) I will try to reply to every comment as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...