12/05/2011

I did it..I made a cushion cover!

I finally finished making a pillow cover for my Savvy Seasons Swap Partner.

I used the fabric with the patchwork pattern ..hehe..yeah I know I cheated a little here ;)

It was my first attempt trying to make a pillow cover. I have to thank my swap partner because if she did not put this on her wishlist..I would never learned how to make one.

I just found a great tutorial that Keren @ Sew La Vie put together showing how to insert an invisible zipper on a cushion cover. I definitely will have to try this next time.


Well, I feel quite relieved finishing this major task for my swap partner. I am planning to make a couple more extra things and then I can mail the package off to her by Friday which is the deadline.


Also, if you can remember I posted about the Solids-only Tote Challenge. The voting has begun and will end on December the 31st. Please stop by @ Sew La Vie to cast your vote and take a look at all the inspiring totes!
Thanks to Rikka @ Ricochet and Away and Keren @ Sew La Vie for a fun and creative challenge. I am looking forward to participating in a new challenge!



Thank you very much for stopping by..until next time :)







This post is linked up with:
"Manic Monday Link Party" @ Sew Happy Geek

"More the Merrier Monday" @ D.I.Y. Home Sweet Home
"Let's Party! on Blissful & Domestic"


12 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous pillow, Tanya!!! I love how you've framed the little Christmas critter with the thin border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest little thing!!! it turned out great! Sorry I am so quiet lately but I am neck deep in travel preparations and making x-mas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillow turned out great! I am visiting from Sew Happy Geek. I am sure your partner will love it!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little fox! I especially like that he's made out of adorable small sort of retro looking prints. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic finish Tanya. He really is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sticky SWEET! And I voted for your S.O. Tote!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm your newest follower, I have also recently started my own sewing/crafting blog. Would love if you checked it out and followed along too :-)
    sewloveit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! i love ti! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing:>

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I saw this package on flikr I was hoping it could be for me - I love Matroshka dolls because I lived in Russia for 1/2 a year! My husband also proposed to me in St. Petersburg so that is special for me too :)

    ... now that I see this fox pillow that is also in the package (sneaky you not putting it on flikr!), and have a registered mail package waiting for me at the post office from Thailand, I am really thinking and hoping this awesome package is for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tanya, I've featured your Foxy Cushion Cover this week...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/02/threading-your-way-features_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. My best congratulations on your wonderful site! Perfect !!!

    Consultation voyance gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  12. A big thank you for this very clear section !! Beautiful day
    voyance gratuite

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments. Thank you very much for taking time to visit my blog. :) I will try to reply to every comment as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...