12/12/2011

FNSI Result and TTT - Pick Your Favorite Cup! - Laptop Sleeve

This is what I got from Friday Night Sew-in -- actually I only finished part of the project on Friday night ..cut out all the fabrics and ingredients according to the pattern and finished it off yesterday.

This laptop sleeve is a gift to my student. We like to hang out at Starbucks so when I saw this fabric I had to get it just for her. :) She is not the lace and bow kind of gal so I think a classic, trendy style will fit her better.


I used a
13" Laptop Sleeve pattern from Keykay Lou with a slight modification, instead of using VELCRO tape to secure the sleeve, I used the natural linen stripe instead. The pattern comes with a great detailed instruction.

I think next time I make the laptop sleeve again, I will try to either use a rigid cardboard box or a foam cushion as a stabilizer for a firmer structure ----but then it might be more difficult to sew -- any other suggestion? :)

Well, I have an appointment with my friends to go shopping for yarns..so I have to sign off now.

Thank you very much for stopping by!








7 comments:

  1. I have never seen fabric with a print like that, Tanya. Great job on the laptop sleeve. I've never made one, so no suggestions from me:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful & personal gift, Tanya. I'm sure your student will love the thought and care gone into it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great laptop sleeve! I'm sure she will love it. :) I love that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of interfacing did you use? I have used a rigid interface for a fabric basket I made, it's easy to sew through but tough enough to stand up on it's own. You could try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's an awesome laptop sleeve!

    I just stumbled across your blog from MomDaughterStyle. I'm glad to meet you here. I'm now following you in GFC and would love a follow back.

    By the way, I'm having a Little Rue Giveaway on my blog.
    I hope you will join. Here is the link on my giveaway,

    http://www.momfashionworld.com/2011/12/doing-little-good-with-nicole-kidman.html

    Please feel free to visit my blog @ http://www.momfashionworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that sleeve! And I'm digging the fabric. So yum...thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb article that gave me real tracks for my items to me. I will test starting next article. To say I even put the page in Favorites.
    Thank you
    voyance gratuite en ligne par mail

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments. Thank you very much for taking time to visit my blog. :) I will try to reply to every comment as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...