12/19/2011

2-in-1 Easy Peasy Apple Mug Rug + Pot Holder: Tutorial & Free Pattern

Sorry that I had not posted or updated my blog for the last couple days..things just have been so crazy at work. :(

I would like to post a tutorial for a gift idea that is very easy to make and quite practical -
a mug rug that also can be used as a pot holder :)
You can even use fabric scraps for this project.



(Please excuse my make-do picture on the right ;))

Materials you will need:
Cotton Fabrics

Fleece or quilt batting
Ribbon and a button

Sewing pins

Seam allowance: 1/4" (or 0.7 cm.)Note: when you print out the pattern; please make sure that in your print properties, the scaling is set to "None".
The pattern is in a pdf format. So, the acrobat reader is required.

Let's begin!
1. Trace the pattern and cut main fabrics, and batting according to the pattern guideline (I put the letter codes on the fabrics and batting in the picture matching the pattern pieces.)

2. Fold the fabric piece B in half, press and top-stitch across on the straight line side (0.3 cm. or 1/8" seam allowance), then repeat this step for another fabric piece B
3. Sandwich a batting between two focus fabrics and quilt as desired, then place fabric pieces B on top, line up with the raw edge of fabric piece A and pin these pieces together4. Pin the bias binding and sew along the raw edge, then fold the binding over the fabric edge to the wrong side and slip-stitch the folded edge of the binding

5. Sew a piece of ribbon and a button on the top and then you are done!
isn't that simple?
:)


Please leave me any question or comment you might have. I will be happy to answer.

Thank you for visiting my blog and hope to see you again soon!









This post is linked up with
Manic Monday Link Party @ Sew Happy Geek

A Round Tuit @ Creating My Way to Success

4 comments:

  1. Great tutorial, Tanya!!! Love the fabric you've chosen and also the shape of the mug rug...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, tanya, for the tutorial! very pretty (o:

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tutorial for such a cute mug rug! I'm pinning this one to have a try in 2012!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Best wishes for a fabulous New Year 2012!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice idea, thanks for sharing

    our websites are
    徵信社 and 櫻桃

    very welcome to see us

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments. Thank you very much for taking time to visit my blog. :) I will try to reply to every comment as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...