Last week, Amy @ A Home Made sent me an email to let me know that she has awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. This means so much to me since I am a newbie to the blogging world and to know that someone like my blog...I am very grateful. Thank you so much, Amy!
Like me, Amy is also new to blogging. I love visiting her blog where she shares wonderful ideas from home decorating, sewing, computer tips, etc. Check it out, I think you will really like her blog too. :)
There are some rules for the award recipient to follow...and here they are:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
O.K. so 7 things that you might not know about me -- this could be boring ;) :
1. My full-time job is a university instructor (I'm an assistant professor) in Polymer Science and Engineering in Bangkok, Thailand. I teach graduate students and help them with their research projects. What I love the most about my job is knowing that I can help someone to achieve what they want in their lives (career wise). And my students think of me as their friend. :)
2. I used to hate sewing and never thought I would enjoy it as much as I do now.
3. I went to school in the U.S. and stayed there for 8 years. I have learned so much while I was there, not only academic-wise but many great life experiences. I wish I would be interested in sewing/quilting back then though.
4. I love spending time with my graduate students, rather than hanging out with my colleagues. Not that I do not like my colleagues..but I guess I just love being around younger kids. They make me laugh...they love teasing me but at the same time they also respect me.
5. I like fabrics, crafts books, and plush toys (yeah I know I am too old for those toys but I can't help it).
(a room in my doll house)
6. On my Birthday in September, my student surprised me with a rabbit from Build-a-bear. It was my favorite birthday present ever...I always want to get plush toys from Build-a-Bear but since I do not have any kid..I did not have any excuse to go there and make one.
7. I am quite sensitive..I cried when I watched Toy Story 3 because I thought it was very touching...I had to try to wipe my tear during the show so persons next to me at the theater would not think that I was crazy *LOL*
Next, I would like to pass the award on to the following bloggers ( Their blogs have inspired me in so many ways. Each one has their own unique and creative styles that I have learned and appreciated. I list them in no particular order):
Threading My Way
Making Rebecca Lynne
Ricochet and Away
Sew Happy Geek
Rags to Bags
Sew La Vie
Made During Quiet Time
Why Not Sew?
Blue Robbin Cottage
Very Kerry Berry
Lovely Little Handmades
Please check out this blogs...I think you will enjoy reading them! They are all very talented ladies. :)