11/22/2011

The Versatile Blogger Award

Last week, Amy @ A Home Made sent me an email to let me know that she has awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. This means so much to me since I am a newbie to the blogging world and to know that someone like my blog...I am very grateful. Thank you so much, Amy!



Like me, Amy is also new to blogging. I love visiting her blog where she shares wonderful ideas from home decorating, sewing, computer tips, etc. Check it out, I think you will really like her blog too. :)

There are some rules for the award recipient to follow...and here they are:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.

3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.


O.K. so 7 things that you might not know about me -- this could be boring ;) :

1. My full-time job is a university instructor (I'm an assistant professor) in Polymer Science and Engineering in Bangkok, Thailand. I teach graduate students and help them with their research projects. What I love the most about my job is knowing that I can help someone to achieve what they want in their lives (career wise). And my students think of me as their friend. :)


2. I used to hate sewing and never thought I would enjoy it as much as I do now.

3. I went to school in the U.S. and stayed there for 8 years. I have learned so much while I was there, not only academic-wise but many great life experiences. I wish I would be interested in sewing/quilting back then though.

4. I love spending time with my graduate students, rather than hanging out with my colleagues. Not that I do not like my colleagues..but I guess I just love being around younger kids. They make me laugh...they love teasing me but at the same time they also respect me.

5. I like fabrics, crafts books, and plush toys (yeah I know I am too old for those toys but I can't help it).

(a room in my doll house)

6. On my Birthday in September, my student surprised me with a rabbit from Build-a-bear. It was my favorite birthday present ever...I always want to get plush toys from Build-a-Bear but since I do not have any kid..I did not have any excuse to go there and make one.


7. I am quite sensitive..I cried when I watched Toy Story 3 because I thought it was very touching...I had to try to wipe my tear during the show so persons next to me at the theater would not think that I was crazy *LOL*

Next, I would like to pass the award on to the following bloggers ( Their blogs have inspired me in so many ways. Each one has their own unique and creative styles that I have learned and appreciated. I list them in no particular order):

Threading My Way
Making Rebecca Lynne
Pleasant Home
Lydias Treasures
Ricochet and Away
Sew Happy Geek
Rags to Bags
Sew La Vie
Sana Saroti
Made During Quiet Time
Why Not Sew?
Blue Robbin Cottage
Liesl Made
Very Kerry Berry
Lovely Little Handmades

Please check out this blogs...I think you will enjoy reading them! They are all very talented ladies. :)


Cheers!


9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award, Tanya and thanks SO much for passing it on to me. It's great to learn a little more about you. I'm with you on No. 4... I love hanging out with younger people. All my real world friends are younger than me. Most of my blogging friends are much younger than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award and thanks for passing it on to me :-).. what a lovely surprise. I will blog about this soon. I have just put my post for today up and I need to think about who I will pass it on too. It was great to learn a little more about you.... :-) Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Tanya and if you hadn't beat me to it I would of course have passed the award on to you ;-) I am totally with you on 5, 6 and 7. I love build-a-bear since my AuPair year 10 years ago and we even have a store in Berlin but you really need a good reason to go in an buy one! I cry like a baby in most movies (even in some commercials, documentaries, trailers, if someone wins something on a show ...) I will try to pass it on and I am already thinking about my 7 facts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Tanya! And thankyou too! I was the same on Toy Story 3 and the front row of the cinema was full of children that I teach at school so I had to hide my tears!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! You have a very cute blog! So glad you've been enjoying sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this great site, really variegated good and interesting ideas. Especially keep it up. Good luck
    cordially

    voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome ! Thank you for this article, as comprehensive and truly relevant usual!
    voyante

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love what you do, bravo !!! Thank you for sharing this article with us.

    voyante serieuse par mail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Read your article I know you is how much of the hard to write this article, looking forward to your more good article. and here lots of cheap air jordan shoes for you !
    voyance serieuse gratuite mail

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments. Thank you very much for taking time to visit my blog. :) I will try to reply to every comment as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...