10/28/2011

Kawaii Facial Tissue Pouch - Tutorial

I would like to share with you how to make a facial tissue pouch with a pocket in the back. :)

It's very easy to make and will make a great gift I think.


The size of this pouch is about 9 cm x 12 cm. - depending on your seam allowance (If you would like to know the scale in inches, please use the conversion calculator on my sidebar :))

Materials you will need:


- Two pieces of coordinating or contrasting fabrics
(in this project: 15 cm. x 28 cm. patchwork fabric and 15 cm. x 22 cm. natural linen)

- One piece of lining fabric (15 cm. x 22 cm. red flowers fabric)

- One piece of cotton label (optional)


- Cotton lace (approximately 17 cm.)


Note: seam allowance (0.7 cm. or 1/4") is already included in the pattern pieces.

Let's begin!

1. Fold the longer focus fabric in half lengthwise - right side together, pin in place and topstitch across the top.
Then turn the right side out, press and topstitch across on the other side (0.3 cm. or 1/8" seam allowance).


2. Sew a cotton label onto the shorter focus fabric (2 cm. or 4/5" from the edge)- this step is optional.

3. Place the lining fabric and the shorter focus fabric right side together, then topstitch both ends
4.Turn the right side out and press. Next, sew a cotton lace (optional) on one end (close to the cotton label, press and topstitch across both ends(0.3 cm. or 1/8" seam allowance).
5. Place the patchwork piece and natural linen piece together as shown, topstitch across the top (0.3 cm. or 1/8" seam allowance).


6. With the lining side facing down, bring one side of the finished seam up toward the center. Pin in place approximately 0.5 cm (or 1/5") over the center mark. Fold the other side to the center, overlapping 1.5 cm (or 3/5")over the center mark.
Next, sew a 0.7 cm (or
1/4")seam from raw edge on both sides then switch to a zig-zag stitch and sew both sides again.

7. Sew all four corners of the pouch (1.5 cm across @ each corner)


8. Turn the right side of the pouch out...and you are done! :)


This post is linked with:

"Too Cute Tuesday" @ Funky Polkadot Giraffe
"Made by Me! Wednesdays" @ JAQS Stuido
"Handmade Tuesdays" @ Ladybug Blessings
"Sew Cute Tuesday" @ Creative Itch
"Tuesday Time Out" @ Reasons to Skip the Housework
"Show and Tell Friday" @ My Romantic Home
"Crafty, Scrappy, Happy Me Thursday" @ Crafty, Scrappy Happy Me
"Show off Your Stuff Party" @ Fireflies and Jellybeans
"Weekend Showoff Party" @ Ladybird Ln
"Sew and Tell Fridays" @ amylouwho
"Think Pink Sundays" @ Flamingo Toes
"Manic Monday" @ Sew Happy Geek
"Made by You Mondays" @ Skip to my Lou
"Sew Modern Mondays" @ Canoe Ridge Creations
"Craftastic Monday" @ Sew Can Do
"Creative Me Monday" @ The Southern Institute
"Fabric Tuesday" @ Quilt Story

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.
Enjoy!
:)

10 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Tanya. I'm adding this one to my 'To Do' list. If I'm organised enough, I might even do a couple as a Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, and your pouches too. Thanks for the tutorial! I'm a new follower. :o)
    xo
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tissue project is lovely, Tanya...beautifully created and a great tutorial. I have joined your followers list and invite you to join my followers list; as well,I hope you will grab a blog button. Hugs, Gayle
    http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Those would make great little gifts. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhh how amazing! I love thi! Thank you SO much for sharing and for linking up!!!
    Jaime at crafty scrappy happy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'! I'll be featuring you on 11/08, so be sure to stop by and grab a 'featured' button!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My warmest congratulations on your site! It helped me a lot and liked, especially that all your shares are interesting. Long life to your site. Above all, never give up; your blog is really on top!

    voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work surprised me a lot because it's been a long time since I found this wonderful sharing.

    voyance par mail rapide

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments. Thank you very much for taking time to visit my blog. :) I will try to reply to every comment as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...